from Monticello High School Mustang to Brigham Young University Cougar
"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." ~John Wesley~


Monday, January 2, 2012

The Thing about Resolutions...

I struggle when the first (or second) of a new year comes around every time. Everyone around me has crazy goals for the upcoming year and most of the time I don't see the point in writing any down since I've broken all the "resolutions" I've ever set. Sometimes I wish I could just write down my resolution this year is to stay alive... but I'm scared about what the consequences might be.... one year I decided to write down... "This year my new years resolution is to not make any resolutions"... one that I was sure I could keep, except for the fact that by writing that down, I had in fact broken my resolution.
Is 2012 going to be different? Honestly the fact that I decided to blog my new years resolutions is a start... this time it's public. I don't just get to tear the page out of the journal when the year is over... the general public has access to my new years resolutions and can now tell me if I fail or not even if I don't want to tell myself.

So here are my 2012 Resolutions....


  1. To not worry as much

  2. To have a schedule for going to the gym

  3. To focus- on who I'm with and what I'm doing instead of planning a million things in my head

  4. To get good grades

  5. To look for more opportunities to serve others

  6. To smile and laugh more often

  7. To climb a mountain

  8. To stay organized

  9. To be more thrifty

  10. To get a job

So that's my 10 things for 2012... We'll see how it goes!


I am excited for a new year, new beginnings are great. It's nice to feel like you get a clean slate, and honestly I'm glad I survived 2011 and here is to hoping that 2012 is a little easier!

1 comment:

  1. Great goals. I think Gariet would especially approve of 1,3,and 6. :)

    ReplyDelete