from Monticello High School Mustang to Brigham Young University Cougar
"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." ~John Wesley~


Friday, May 13, 2011

Fun Experience with the County Police

So today I had a not so great day so my good friend Jace and I were just talking about it at the Food Lion beside my house. Innocent right? I guess more details are needed.... it was like 2:15am. I'm still on Utah time and he's a nice guy who claims to never sleep. So yeah we were loitering, but I never knew it took 3 cop cars to come and check our ID's and give us a warning and tell us to wrap it up and go home. I'm not trying to be a jerk they were doing their job that's all fine and good I just think it was a little weird that it takes 3 cop cars. I get the safety and strength in numbers thing but I felt like I had done something terrible and going away in cuffs for sure when I was just talking. It also was one of those Dorothy when she gets to Oz moments, "We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto." turned into "You're not in Provo anymore, Chelsea." I guess that was just another indication that things are different in Charlottesville than in Provo and it makes perfect sense. But it will still be a moment I won't forget, sitting in Jace's car with 3 squad cars behind us, scared to move, while they check our ID's. (Oh and just to make things more interesting I didn't have my ID on me so I had to give them my name and date of birth).

No comments:

Post a Comment