from Monticello High School Mustang to Brigham Young University Cougar
"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." ~John Wesley~


Thursday, December 2, 2010

Grown Up Christmas List Post #1

So I've been thinking about this lately, which probably sounds weird but whatever.... on my grown up Christmas list I want a happy marriage.
I've seen great examples of a happy marriage, but I feel like it's getting harder and harder to find. People are more content to just hang out now, and it seems like the old ideal courtship has become lost. Sometimes I lose faith that there is such thing as true love, but then I take a step back and see it all around me. Many of my friends think I'm an idiot to believe in love, but I do. I believe in love. I know there is someone out there for me, and together we'll have our very own fairy tale. Now don't get me wrong I know that no marriage is perfect. Every person is different and there will be arguments and things to work out along the way. I also know that there is a way to make it work, that marriage is about compromise.
I guess as jumbled as my thoughts seem that I know I want to be married, I know I want my own version of a fairy tale. I just want a happy marriage.
Grown Up Christmas List #1
God bless me with an eventual happy marriage

No comments:

Post a Comment