from Monticello High School Mustang to Brigham Young University Cougar
"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." ~John Wesley~


Wednesday, December 15, 2010

1 year, 3 months, and 2 days later

It had been 1 year, 3 months, and 2 days, since my brother left on his mission when I got to see him. He had knee surgery which reconstructed his ACL and removed part of a non-cancerous tumor. I was thinking about how weeks before his mission he was acting out the story of Aamon complete with Lamanites with only one arm, and terrified sheep. I was surprised to find that at the core my brother hasn't changed at all. He's still a goof, he's just a goof spreading the gospel with the same enthusiasm that he's lived his entire life. It was slightly awkward though, not gonna lie. There was very little catching up on the year that he's missed, which for me have been the most life-changing year of my life, it was as if nothing had happened and we just lived in the moment. It was refreshing to see him, but it's weird to know he's only 20 minutes away and I can go see him whenever, but he's still on a mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment