from Monticello High School Mustang to Brigham Young University Cougar
"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." ~John Wesley~


Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Mothers Who Know! Tender Mercies Day 9

This week I've been thinking a lot about mothers and motherhood. Especially after our Relief Society Lesson, I've been wanting to read Sister Beck's talk "Mother's Who Know!" So I did... so here's my tribute to Mom's!


"Mothers Who Know Bear Children."
I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for that amazing woman right there, my mommy! I love her sooo much!
"Mothers Who Know Honor Sacred Ordinances and Covenants."
I love that my mom and dad were married in the temple, they are such a great example to me and I totally want to be like them!
"Mothers Who Know Are Nurturers."
Sister Beck said that Nurturer is synonymous with Home-maker! If there is a word that describes my mom it is a home-maker, if I can be half as good as her I'll be a great mom.
"Mothers Who Know Are Leaders"
Mothers are to be examples of good leaders to their children, and I hope I can do that.
"Mother Who Know are Teachers"
I can attest that I never learned anything at church that I had not already learned in the home from my mommy!
"Mothers Who Know Do Less"
Basically, mothers have their priorities straight and don't have to do everything to feel accomplished.
"Mothers Who Know Stand Strong and Immovable"
My mom is such a righteous woman and is such a great example of a woman who stands strong and immovable!
Here's some pictures of the women I want to emmulate when I become a mom:


Of course my own mommy, she's great!
These are my beautiful cousins Linds, Jami, my aunt Brenda, Kim, and Mel... they are such great moms and are such great examples to me!

and my other sweet cousin back home in VA, Mychael-Ann!

so I had other pictures of my role models picked out, but blogger has a limit of pics which sucks.... but I'll at least name them

  • my grandmother
  • Hillory Dahle
  • My other cousins: Cori, Dana, Dixie, and Taryn
  • April Burton
  • Amanda Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment