from Monticello High School Mustang to Brigham Young University Cougar
"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." ~John Wesley~


Monday, November 1, 2010

Missionary Week

I was called to serve as a Heritage Halls Prospective Missionary in the Spain Madrid mission! For those of you who don't get it... it's not for real, I'm not actually going on a mission, and I'm not actually going to Spain. But the purpose of this one week experience is to further my understanding of what missionaries do, and to let me see if I'd be interested in serving a mission when I turn 21.
So here are my goals for Missionary Week 2010
  1. No facebook! I caved this morning, but no more from now until Friday at 5pm
  2. No youtube unless it's Mormon Messages and Mormon Tabernacle Choir
  3. No naps! Missionaries don't take naps, so for one week I don't get to take naps.
  4. Limited use of media, that means one week of no Glee and no Psych and no movies unless it's like God's Army or The Other Side of Heaven
  5. Missionary Dress.... that's right skirts or dresses with tights and flats every day.
  6. Limited Access to Boys, I will not live in Felt this week, even when I'm bored I'm not gonna run over to the FHE Brothers to visit, and yep no promises on a boyfriend fast.... basically I'll be more focused on school and missionary work and scripture study then I will be on boys... ALL BOYS! (but I'll still see them and say hi and be happy and friendly and still hang out if they invite me)
  7. I will participate! That's right... I'm going to Devotional, the Fireside, the Relief Society Activity, the temple, Zone Meeting.... whatever I can fit in my schedule I'm going to do!
  8. I'm going to fast on Thursday for someone, not chosen yet, back home who I would like to give a Book of Mormon to with my testimony in it.
  9. I will only go shopping once.... Monday is my P-Day (preperation day) so what laundry and grocery shopping I don't get done today will not get done until next Monday.

I'm hoping that this will be a great experience and I'm really excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment