from Monticello High School Mustang to Brigham Young University Cougar
"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." ~John Wesley~


Monday, November 8, 2010

Missionary Week Recap

So here's how I did on the goals
  1. No facebook.... I did pretty good, no status updates, but I did have to get on long enough to pull off some pictures
  2. No youtube... I passed that goal with flying colors
  3. No naps.... I took significantly fewer naps, I only took 2 all week.
  4. I didn't watch any movies and I avoided Psych and Glee, but I did watch some random little things with Courtney
  5. The dress was pretty good... I ran out of skirts Friday, but every other day I wore Missionary Clothing
  6. Limited Access to Boys... that went fairly well, I wasn't at Felt everyday visiting boys in the ward, but I didn't do a boyfriend fast at all.
  7. I participated in as much as I could fit into my schedule.... but I realized like most missionaries do that there is only so much you can do in one day
  8. Fasting.... didn't do... I did pray for people back home, but Thursday morning rolled around and I was going about my normal schedule including breakfast when I realized... CRAP I'm not supposed to eat, I'm fasting.
  9. I only went to the Creamery for groceries on Monday... it was difficult, but I made it!

Missionary week was a good experience! I felt more intune with the Spirit and more importantly I felt a connection with my friends and brother who are out on missions. I got a small glimpse of what they sacrifice! It was a valuable experience for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment