from Monticello High School Mustang to Brigham Young University Cougar
"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." ~John Wesley~


Saturday, November 6, 2010

Happy Birthday President Uchtdorf

Today is President Uchtdorf's birthday and as a special little surprise Latter-day Saints around the globe are posting their testimonies on their blogs and on facebook!
I personally have a hard time relating my feelings on spiritual things, but I'm going to try my best. I know that I have a Heavenly Father. I know that he is watching over me and knows me on such a personal and individual level. It used to be hard for me to comprehend how God could know everyone personally but I know that he is so powerful that he knows each of our personal circumstances. I know that Heavenly Father loved us so much that he sent a Son, Jesus Christ, to die for our sins. I know that I would be cut-off from God's presence if it wasn't for the infinite and eternal atoning sacrifice of Christ. I know that when I live my life accordingly I can have the Holy Ghost with me. I know that God, Christ, and the Holy Ghost are 3 seperate and distinct personages, although they have a common purpose. (to bring to pass the eternal life and salvation of man)
I know that the Lord loves enough to give us a living prophet today. I know that prophet is Thomas S. Monson, and I know he leads and guides the Lord's true church by inspiration and revelation. I know that the Lord entitles us all to revelation. I know that when I have questions I can sincerly ask him in prayer, and he will help me to know what I ought to do. I know that without a shadow of a doubt. I was sure I was going to Utah State, it made sense financial and I really liked the campus, but when I prayed about I received the impression to go to BYU. I listened and I know now that it was the right thing for me to do, I have been meeting people that I needed to meet in my life who are helping me to be a better person.
I know that God is a God of miracles, and I love looking for the daily miracles he places in my path!
I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church and that it is led by Christ. I know that we are few in numbers and that there are many misconceived notions about the LDS people, but I also know that if you truly read the Book of Mormon with an open heart and ask of God, you will know that it is true, and because the Book of Mormon is true Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, and if Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, then God must still be talking to his people, and we are the only church who believes in a living prophet. I know that God speaks to man today because he is still powerful, we still need him, and he still loves us!
I'm grateful for my knowledge and for my faith. I know that I can truly be with my family forever because of celestial marriages and the atonement. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment