from Monticello High School Mustang to Brigham Young University Cougar
"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." ~John Wesley~


Friday, August 13, 2010

Goodbyes and Getting There

I honestly can't believe I'm writing a blog post from somewhere in Kansas as we cruise at a little over 70 mph towards my cousin Cori's house.... isn't wireless and my sisters little 3G card awesome?
It still hasn't sunk in that we're dropping me off at college this time... this just feels like yet another long road trip to Utah. The only difference is this time I'm the one with 4 bags instead of 1/2 of a bag. The last week and a half has been spent running myself ragged trying to pack and see everyone. I was fairly successful but I know there are already some things I forgot and people that I just didn't get the chance to see. Some of the goodbyes were harder than others, but I keep reminding myself that these are truly only "see ya later"s.
The trip out here has been, like always, LONG... and we're still in Kansas (thank goodness for a weekend break at cousin Cori's I'd seriously freak if I had to sit in this car much longer.... here are the highlights of the trip (I tried to pick one thing out from each state)
  • West Virginia... we ate breakfast and couldn't figure out why the cemetery across the street from the Hardy's didn't have names on them until we realized that hey it's a gravestone shop
  • Kentucky... my dad became a geocaching nerd (with help from Mal) and I slept
  • Indiana... Mallory and Dad stepped on a nasty mattress as they were geocaching and me and mom joked that they had pee and STD's on their feet, me and mom were also caught on film dancing to "Single Ladies", I learned why the Lion's den is for adults only... oh the educational billboard signs
  • Illinois... there was a really freaky storm we couldn't see more than a car length ahead of us (sometimes less) and at the rest stop all the trash cans had been blown over and the shingles of the building looked like they were going to blow off
  • Missouri....We got to see the Gateway to the West and we checked in to a hotel on the west side of St. Louis, and we all still slept like babies
  • Kansas... the longest and most painful part of our journey. I hate Kansas, sorry but there weren't even sunflowers to look at just the occasional buffalo (and by occasional I mean a farm every 200ish miles) The only semi-memorable experience was wasting a butt load of time driving to the OZ museum for Mallory to do a cache and to not go into the museum.... and that's still with 200ish miles to go

No comments:

Post a Comment