from Monticello High School Mustang to Brigham Young University Cougar
"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." ~John Wesley~


Sunday, July 25, 2010

Youth Conference and Young Womens Conference

I have spent the past 2 weekends at Youth Conference and Young Womens Conference respectively. The theme for both came for the mutual 2010 theme Joshua 1:9 "Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."

Youth Conference:
We worked with the Virginia Special Olympics and put on a non-competitive day of events focused on them. I was soo touched by their sweet spirits and how simply happy they were. I learned a lot about gratitude and I honestly felt so bad about being a brat to those around me when I am totally blessed. When I looked at how happy they were even when they couldn't talk, see, walk, or couldn't comprehend everything I took time to seriously reflect upon how lucky and blessed I am.

Young Women's Conference:
I was originally devastated when I found at that Girls Camp was not going to be the same format as it has always been. But honestly the workshops and activities were so uplifting and strengthening. And I LOVED my YCL's there was a such a special bond between us all this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment