from Monticello High School Mustang to Brigham Young University Cougar
"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." ~John Wesley~


Thursday, June 10, 2010

Senior Year... the abbreviated version

Senior Year was one of the most exciting times! I honestly can't believe it's over.

Fall: The year started with football season and I was in the marching band for the first time in my life. Somehow between Noth and Becca I ended up as the pit section leader. Although I may be a total geek, I absolutely loved marching band. It was full of fun experiences and even funnier kids. The fall also brought HOMECOMING! I got ready with my friend Nick's girlfriend Catie and as we were getting ready to leave Nick got me a corsage since I was dateless. Very sweet. The night was full of dancing and friends!

Winter: Fast-forward to snowmagedan... Charlottesville got pounded with two huge snow storms that left us out of school for 2 weeks, and me snowed in with little cousins for 2 days. It was nice to have an additional 2 week break this winter. As the snow was falling the Dudley girls snuck down to Williamsburg for a weekend away. It was quite fun and I was excited to see a lot of the cousins I haven't seen in a while. Dudley Girls Getaway Weekend was followed by District Choir. Last one! The director was quite strict but we learned a lot and we sounded great. That's when I found out I made All-State

Spring: The biggest event of the spring semester was PROM! I went with one of my best friends Ian. I had a blast, and he was such a gentleman! Honestly one of the best times ever! Prom was followed by All-State. I escaped school and the looming CAP project for a weekend in DC with the wonderful director and composer Z. Randall Stroope. One of the best experiences of my life! Honestly I learned so much and the sound of a 250 some choir was something I'll never forget! All-State was unluckily followed by CAP , which sucked. CAP stands for Citizen Action Project, it's where the 12th graders are placed in groups and asked to become informed participants in a certain public policy area. Let's just say the world's most stressful project all shoved into the end of my senior year. We ran with the debatable question, "Should Virginia have a statewide grading scale". The rest of the spring was totally occupied by FAME our school's spring musical, and I was basically the music director! I was so proud of the cast... they were amazing! The final act as a senior other than graduation and senior night was CALE FIELD DAY! My last BBBS (big brother big sister) event :( It was so much fun working with the little kids and getting sprayed by the firetruck!

No comments:

Post a Comment