from Monticello High School Mustang to Brigham Young University Cougar
"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." ~John Wesley~


Saturday, June 12, 2010

Graduation

June 5th 2010 I graduated from high school! The ceremony was held in the John Paul Jones Arena in the wee morning hours. It was the funniest feeling to put on my cap and gown for the very first time with all my cords and my honor stole. It really didn't hit me until I was lining up in the tunnels that my high school career was truly ending. Then the march started playing and some of us were crying and others jumping for joy. The hardest part was singing with the choir one last time. We sounded beautiful, but I'm gonna miss the feeling of a small high school choir. (On to much bigger choirs next year) Then was the long part, formally introducing the school board, random awards, senior speakers..... I'm not trying to be a snot, but the senior speakers didn't truly touch me. They were sweet and I know they were both choosen by my class for a reason, but it didn't effect me like it would have if it was one of my close friends. They did great though. All I truly got from all the blah blah blah was two things.... "Have something to say, say it and sit down." and "make the world a little better just by being here". After all of that... it was finally time for the awarding of the diplomas. It was fun seeing my friends walk across the stage and I was very proud of myself because I didn't fall. The best part of all was when they finally announced us as the graduated class of 2010!
After the ceremony we took lots of pictures and went out to eat as a family. (Cheesecake Factory... my favorite) The next day I went to a graduation party at Lake Reynovia with all the Cale Boys and their families. It was so much fun.... getting thrown in the pool, playing cards, eating yummy food and just being together! I truly love my school friends they are so sweet to me! Caleb even got me an early birthday cake which was very sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment